Spuncrylic® Parasol Cover Material
Spuncrylic polyester is the industry standard for hotels, restaurants and any other hospitality location.
Spuncrylic offers customers:
- A polyester which has been through a process called solution dying, a technique used to add colour to a synthetic fibre.
- A solution dyed canopy colouring through all layers of the polyester thread, guaranteeing more vibrant, longer lasting colour.
- A high-level of resistance to fading from direct sunlight.
- A canopy which offers good stain resistance and water repellence.
- An affordable canopy which provides resistance to all weather conditions.
- A canopy which delivers a *UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) of at least 50.
*UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), Indicates the fraction of the sun’s ultraviolet rays that penetrate fabric. Example, Material with a UPF of 50, allows just 1/50th of the sun’s UV radiation to reach your skin. The higher the UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), the greater the protection offered.
Polyester Canopy Cover Material
The standard, piece dyed polyester is the entry level parasol canopy and one you will find most commonly on parasols available on the high street. The standard polyester is a great option if you’re working on a budget. While it only comes with a 1 year warranty, if looked after, it should last well beyond that.
Polyester offers customers:
- Polyester is a strong fibre, resistant to creasing and keeps its shape.
- Polyester is piece dyed meaning the thread is only coloured on the outside of the canopy, like a radish!
- Offers an affordable alternative to Spuncrylic
- Shade Specialists only offer polyester covers in two natural colours, beige and natural as darker, stronger colours would be more susceptible to fading over time.
Recasens RECacril® Parasol Cover Material
The acrylic recasens material is the rolls Royce of canopies. Made from strong, hard wearing acrylic material. The recasens canopy offers the top level of protection from the elements
Recasens offers customers:
- A high-performance acrylic fabric of the very highest quality.
- The very best water resistance and protection from the sun.
- A matieral used extensively in the boating and marine industries for its strength and durability.
- An Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) of up to +80 according to international standard UV 801.
- Low reactivity and high stability offering long lasting protection against mold, plus excellent water and oil repellence.
- An effective sunscreen as they filter a high percentage of ultraviolet radiation.
*UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), Indicates the fraction of the sun’s ultraviolet rays that penetrate fabric. Example, Material with a UPF of 50, allows just 1/50th of the sun’s UV radiation to reach your skin.